Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Circus

We got to go to the circus yesterday and we had a blast. I had never been to a circus before so it was just as much fun for me as it was for the girls. Because it was general admission we had to go early to get good seats and because we went early we got suckered into buying all the rides and fun stuff for the girls before the circus started. Sadie's highlight of the pre-circus activities was riding the elephant. I was so excited to see Sadie, Jess and Kurt get on top the cutest elephant and ride around. Sadie was the first one in and was right behind the elephants ears which tickled her little legs, and it didn't get any better than that. She later told us that it was "off the hook". Jessica's highlight pre-circus activity was riding the ponies. This was huge for our little Jess, she has always been afraid to ride any pony or horse and for her to thoroughly enjoy herself was big.




One cotton candy, and two churros later, the circus began and the clowns did their job. Sadie and Jessica couldn't get enough of the clowns and the beach ball that they were throwing around the crowd. They were laughing their heads off and as a parent I couldn't get enough of that. The dancing poodles were a hit, the acrobats were crazy (although I can't say that I enjoyed their outfits), and the sleeping elephants were great. After three hours of loud music, fun and laughter we had to call it quits. We had a blast and little Cassie was an angel, she even took a little snooze during the intermission.

4 comments:

Kate said...

We saw you guys riding the elephant! You looked so cute. I tried and tried to resist my kids' begging - $7 per person for a three-minute ride?!?? - but after the circus was over I caved in and let them ride. It was totally worth it. :)

Tyler and Julia said...

I ended up taking a trip down memory lane while reading this! I rode on an elephant too when I was Sadie's age. Tyler says it's not fair; he's never ridden one before and he wants to. Neither one of us have ever been to a circus before either, so now we're even MORE anxious to go to one!

Emily Call said...

Fun! I have never been to the circus. Looks like you all had a good time. Let's craft soon!!!

John & Peggy said...

This brings on a big guilt trip. You and Tyler saying you never had been to a circus makes me sad that you don't remember the one circus that came to Anchorage when you were little. It might have been before your time. Admittedly it wasn't much and not worth remembering. |And there were no fun rides. Glad you had a great time. It would have been worth it to be there.