Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby Sling

It all began at the Christmas Expo that I went to back in November... the want for a baby sling. Yes, I had mentioned this coveted item in a post back in December hoping to win one from Modmum, but unfortunately that did not happen. So being short on cash and always needing a new craft project (not that I don't have at least 15 unfinished ones) I went online and searched for a pattern to make my own. Lucky for me I found one at Karma Baby . The instructions were a bit unclear but I managed to make my own and I love it. I also learned how to do a french seam. A french seam? Yes, never heard of it either and found easy how to instructions at Sew Neau. I tried it out yesterday for the first time and decided that it really is as cool as it looks. Easton fell in love with it as well and slept in it for about 1 1/2 hours as I played on the computer and read the unopened mail that had been piling up on our kitchen counter.

Just for fun: Having a little boy in the house we knew it was going to come up sooner than later. While changing Easton's diaper, Sadie shared with us her observation..."Wow, his bum bum is way different then ours."
Of course... more pictures.

I love little baby yawns.

This picture is showing off Daddy's favorite little outfit.

9 comments:

Kristan Carter said...

Yeah...I love him..He is so cute....Can't wait to come over...

Brian and Carly said...

He is so cute! I heard the news and had to sneak a peak! I need your email so I don't feel like I'm sneaking on. Congratulations!

Carly

John & Peggy said...

Great pictures, love the sling that you created. I always knew you were creative, but French Seams is one of the techniques I haave always stayed away from. Thank goodness for the internet.

Kari Bailey said...

Hey guys, Easton is beautiful! I love his name. Just wondering where your hair went Tess.

Chad and Jaycie said...

Tessa he is really cute! The yawning picture looks like Spence.

Darcie said...

Congrats on your little boy Tessa! He's very handsome. :)

The Salmons said...

LCONGRATULATIONS! I was soo excited to hear of Easton's birth and see his darling pics. Love all that hair. I wish I had a sling like that when my kids were babies. What a great idea! You look great.
Lois

romanrobertaloftus said...

Love the sling!! It seems like you're already bored, coming up with new projects...
Easton is o cute!!

Aubri said...

Cute cute sling. I have nothing to put in a sling, but I want one...good job! I want to kiss those baby cheeks. What a beautiful baby boy!