Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Adjusting

Now that we have FOUR kids ...

  • I have to keep reminding myself that I can't refer to Easton as a SHE or HER
  • I have to wake up before anyone else if I want to get a shower in
  • Getting four kids into the car and safely buckled up is a chore that deserves a reward
  • There is definitely a ton more laundry to do and keep up with
  • I need a craft night ~ anybody else?
  • The goal of getting Cassie potty trained is needing to become a reality ~ two kids in diapers
  • I should probably start looking into coupons to save some more money
  • I'm pretty much caught up on all of our TV shows since I'm up late every night
  • Shopping for groceries has not happened yet
  • Clean house ~ What's that?
  • I rely on Kurt way more than I have in the past
  • Wanting to eat a ton of chocolate but I know that it makes Easton fussy.
  • I give away 100+ kisses and hugs every day

I hope this list doesn't come across as complaints, I truly am happy to have four kids. It has been such an easy transition from three to four. I was so worried about Cassie and she has been an angel. Her biggest concern with Easton or as she calls him "EC" is that he has to have his binky with him at all times, if he doesn't then she has to find it and give it to him. Other than the binky she really could care less about her younger brother. The other big sisters Sadie and Jessica love him tons, and fight over holding him all of the time (just one more thing for them to fight over). As for Kurt, he could be the happiest dad in the world. It was pretty sad when he got a really bad cold last week and couldn't hold or be around his newborn for four days. I am so happy that he is now feeling better!!! We're just extrememly happy and grateful that Easton is a GREAT baby.

5 comments:

banananutmeg said...

love the list. Too funny...it is crazy how much adding a baby to the mix changes up life at home for awhile.
my friend just told me about coupon bug.com. you have to give them your email address, but they send coupons every week...last week had $5 off huggies, and you can print off two!

John & Peggy said...

Greaata suggestion. Great list. I am sure it could be longer if you took the time to think about it. But the blessings list is going to be so much more. Love the blog.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Life is always crazy and it definitely gets busier the more and more kids we all have!! I am so happy for you and Kurt and let us know if we can ever help even if its letting the kids play out back!!!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Isn't it amazing how much laundry one more child adds to?

Kristan Carter said...

I loved the list...all of the things I get to look forward to in the future!! Life is super busy and then we blink as my mom would say and they are 28 having a family of there own...I know you are enjoying each moment and you are a great mom. Yes I need a craft night to.....Tell Brit to think of something fun and we can have it at my house....Come walk over sometime and we can let the kids play.