Monday, April 7, 2008

Child Development 4-07-08



Sadie: 5 1/2 years, extremely playful at this age (always wanting to play with friends), magnetic personality and very very defiant!!!
While watching General Conference on Saturday, there was a close up of the organists hands playing the organ. This was very confusing to Sadie because that particular song was a duet so there were four hands yet the camera only show one person. She looked at the tv and said..."Hey that guy has four hands!!!"

Jessica: 3 1/2 years, shy at first and then extremely loud, very cuddly and also very determined to finish any project she may start.

After cleaning my bathroom ( which had not been cleaned in a very long time), Jessica walked into the bathroom paused and looked around. She then said with amazement..."Wow, this bathroom is beautiful Mommy, you did a great job!!!" Thanks Jessa for making me feel good about my dreaded chores.
Cassie: 9 months. A much better baby than before!!! The only problem I am facing with Cass at this age is her ability to move around. She's not crawling YET however she can squirm around and she is very good at scouting backwards and then sitting up. With her new abilities to move around we have found that getting Cassie to fall asleep in her crib by herself is almost impossible. The other day Cassie was awake from 12:30 pm to 10pm at night. I was going crazy because I think I tried to rock her to sleep for about 4 of those hours. I really hope this doesn't last too much longer.

5 comments:

Kate said...

What a cute post! I love stories of little kids who are learning about the world around them. It's so much fun to watch them explore and discover!

Coming soon.... said...

Each of those pictures definitly fits each of their personalities to the t....especially Jess's!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I found you!! How cute are your girls. They have the most adorable eyes.

John & Peggy said...

Enjoyed the post as usual. Even your description of your girls is so accurate, I am impressed that you could hit the pin on the head with Sadie and Jess's description.

Brittany & Barry said...

I'm glad to hear that someone else goes through the same ordeals of trying to get babies to sleep as I do!! (I love your blog - I've got lots to learn from it!) :) - Britt