Monday, February 25, 2008

My Weakness


Since Spring is coming, that means that Easter is coming, which means that Easter decorations and candy are already in the stores, which leads to my weakness and all time favorite kind of candy...Cadbury Mini Eggs. We went to Sam's Club on Saturday and found the biggest bag of Mini Eggs I have ever seen, 42 oz (2.625 lbs) of pure joy. After we brought it inside from the car I cut a small hole in the bag that forces you to shake it and then only one comes out at a time. I did this so I would have to fight to get 1-2 pieces, so I wouldn't be grabbing handfuls at a time. Well after 2-3 shakes and finishing bringing in the groceries I went back for one more and the hole was 5 times bigger. I guess Kurt didn't want only one at a time and destroyed my control system. After eating like half of the bag today I decided that something had to be done. I was thinking that after Halloween I only let the girls have 2 pieces of candy a day, but for myself there are no rules, so here is my plan. I am allowing myself to have a few ( I say a few because I can choose the # of mini eggs I want) mini eggs after I have done everything I need to balance out my day like: cleaning, eating healthy foods, reading the scriptures, reading to the kids, and finding some time to exercise. After and only after I have done all that is listed, may I stick my greedy hand into the bag and take out my little pieces of heaven.

6 comments:

Darcie said...

Tessa this was too funny.

And also, I'm going to Sam's tonight--thanks for the heads up on the 42 oz bag!

Tyler and Julia said...

I can definitely relate to Cadbury mini eggs. My Grandma has said for years that she "hates" spring and Easter because these yummy eggs come out every year without fail! However, I LOVE them too. They were always included in great abundance in my Easter basket each year when I was little, and now I can do the same for my kids!

jaredandjen said...

Cadbury mini eggs are my all-time favorite chocolate as well. I'm kind of glad we don't live near a Sam's to have that kind of tempation because I'd probably go through several of those bags before Easter. I started drooling at the picture, so creamy and rich...

DLonna said...

Easter has my all time favorite candys: jellybeans, cadbury eggs (the big kind with the cremy middle), and the list could go on.

Kate said...

You are brave. I can't buy bulk candy - I tell myself that I'll make it last a month, but it's always gone in like two days flat.

Emily Call said...

This is my weakness too. I think I usually gain 5 lbs during Easter just from eating these. This year I have committed to only 1 bag... I didn't know they had such a big bag... this may be the size of bag I choose. :)