Sunday, February 24, 2008

First Sign of Spring

Yesterday I went to check the mail and as I was walking up our front steps, I just happened to glance at our flower bed and couldn't believe my eyes. My daffodils were saying hello to me. I was seriously the happiest person alive at that very moment. I am so sick of winter this year and to see some life of spring in my front yard (which happens to be facing north) just gave me hope that spring really is on the way. I know that I shouldn't be so happy because a giant snow storm is probably going to come along and kill my flowers. Oh well, I can enjoy this beautiful thing for a while.



So back to reality, as soon as I walked into my house from getting the mail, I became a mom again and got to take care of three sick kids and a sick husband. Another reason to be excited about spring, the cold season will slow down.

P.S. Idol: I totally agree with the vote offs.

3 comments:

Kristan Carter said...

I saw some plants coming at my mother in laws the other day and I got just as exited as you. I missed you at church sounds like the home front is still sick. Let me know if you need some more meds....

Tyler and Julia said...

I too am SOOO ready for Spring! I'm sick of the snow, the colds & other illnesses. This morning Aubrey & I heard some birds singing just outside the kitchen window, & this was also a good sign.

Kate said...

Ooh - this makes me SO excited!! I'm going to have to consult you for some advice on my flower bed. Mine is so, so sad.