Thursday, December 13, 2007

What the heck is that?

About three weeks ago I received a phone call from BYU's infant development lab. They had record from the hospital that I had a five month old baby and were wondering if I would be willing to bring her into the lab for observation. Sure, why not, I don't mind helping some grad student out. Anyway I got there not knowing what kind of test would be done on Cassie and then told that she was going to wear a little cap made out of 100+ suction cups that had sensors inside of them to detect any neurological electo impulse something something something. My first thought was, what the heck is that? Anyway she did great and let them put this cap on her head for about 5 minutes while she watched a 3 minute video on shapes and sounds. They told me that they needed to take a picture of her for the study and then at the end gave it to me along with a certificate of appreciation. I just had to share the picture of Cassie wearing this whatchamacallit because it is kind of funny looking.



2 comments:

Darcie said...

she looks so cute! good for you, helping out science. I work in drug research now, so I'm all about being in studies.

Arianne said...

I'm dying over how funny this photo is! That's so great that they gave you a picture! I love the girls' dance photos too, they are so cute. We love getting on and seeing your updates, the girls are getting so grown up!
Arianne