Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving


We had a great Thanksgiving week and once again I was reminded that I am a very lucky person to have soooo many blessings in my life. This year we spent Thanksgiving with Kurt's family. All of Kurt's brothers were able to come and spend some time with the family.

Tuesday night started the festivities with a visit to the Marriott Center to watch the BYU Men's Basketball game. It had been three years since I had been to a game and I forgot how fun it was to actually go to the game instead of watching it on the TV. Sadie loves to dance around when the music comes on and Jessica just likes to hang out with the cousins.

Wednesday was quite an adventure, we went to take family pictures as a group. Who would ever guess that taking pictures with 12 grand kids would be so much fun. I honestly don't think that there was one picture of everyone looking at the camera at the same time. After being in the studio for two hours we completed our mission and then packed up the cars and drove to Malad, ID. A few hours after arriving at Grandma Peden's, we went the Frank and Gayles house and blessed Johnny's baby Treyton. It was awesome!!! After Treyton was blessed we had a family testimony meeting which I will always remember. FYI: If you are ever driving north on I 15 into Idaho and get hungry, stop in at the Malad Drive In and have yourself a treat, it is one of our favorite places to eat.

Thursday or (Turkey day) was awesome. I guess being around a great family makes you realize how blessed you are to have the gospel in your life. I am so grateful that I am sealed to my family and that we can be together forever.

Friday was and always is a great shopping day. I have to give my husband and the other brothers high fives for watching the kids all day long (5am-8pm) in addition to traveling back to Lehi without the wives, I'm very proud of all of you!!! FYI: never ever go shopping at JoAnn's the day after Thanksgiving!!!

"Saturday is the greatest day of the year" quoting Paul, the biggest BYU fan I have ever met. Once again we were able to pull off another win against Utah. Go Cougars!!! I personally think that there is way too much emotion involved with that rivalry. Kurt told me that he doesn't think he can ride that roller coaster again, we'll see about that.

So that brings us to Sunday, and with all of the fun we had with all of the family Cassie, Jessica and myself are sick with colds. I guess that is what happens when you have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: