Thursday, December 31, 2009

You know your house is a mess when your husband comes home at 3 am after plowing snow all night long and thinks that someone broke into your home and ransacked the place. I'm embarrassed to admit that our house really was that messy. What can I say, it's Christmas break.


___________________________________________


Tuesday night Kurt and I went out to eat and then went to Kohls to do some shopping. After searching the whole store to find something to buy, I forced myself to try a shirt on. Don't you hate it when that happens, you have money, you want to spend it, but you can't find anything you like!!! So I went into the dressing room tried the shirt on and then spotted a little green plastic baggy filled with marijuana. I thought to myself is that really what I think it is, or did someone leave some oregano behind. I quickly found Kurt and told him that I thought I had found some weed in the dressing room, so he immediately went right into the room and we decided to take it up to the cashier and have him call the manager. Wow, I still can't believe I came across that stuff in a dressing room. Come on marijuana. Someone out there is ticked.

_____________________________________________

This video is for Kurt, he is soooooooo proud of his little boy.

We love you Easton. At ten months he is crawling everywhere, practicing his balancing skills by pulling himself up everywhere on everything, grinning with his two new bottom teeth, and now playing catch with his favorite kind of toy...any kind of BALL. He's a keeper!!!

____________________________________________

Christmas


Christmas was wonderful!!! Every Christmas is great but this year we had my family stay with us at our home. We've always traveled for the holidays, so it was really nice to actually have Christmas at our home. We started the festivities with a Christmas Eve party. Most of my siblings were able to attend which was a lot of fun, since we don't get together as much as we should. White elephant gifts were exchanged at the end of the evening followed by wrapping up the last of the presents. Christmas morning was magical until Cassie decided that she did NOT want to open the last of her presents. It was pretty funny watching her throw all of her presents at anyone who would hand them to her. We got it on video and I'm planning on sending it in to America's Funniest Videos. I'll post if that gets us anywhere. The day after Christmas was just as fun. We started a new tradition to go sledding the day after Christmas. Our girls have always been scared to go sledding and we were able to convince them to try it out. Of course after the first time down the hill they were addicted and wanted more and more. I think Christmas was a success, it's always nice to be able to spend time with family.

You gotta love Jessa's hair.

5 comments:

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh my gosh i'm dying right now that you found marijuana!! I would have DIED!! Glad you had a good Christmas!!

Tyler and Julia said...

It was SO great to see you all on the 26th. The video of Cassie was HILARIOUS!!! Let's not wait too long before we all get together again! :)

Mer said...

Haha! I can't believe you found weed in a dressing room! That is so hilarious! And I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy house. :)

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Funny story about the dressing room and your husband coming home!

You posted on Utah Deal Diva about building up your food storage on a tight budget. It can be done! Even if you only spend $5 a week on something as simple as extra sugar, 5bags of dried beans, 2 bags of flour, 3 containers of oil, etc.

We lived on our food storage for 27 months, and then had 10 months where I was able to shop again--for our regular food, and to build back up our food storage. We've been living on 60% of our previous income and I have 5 children. We're now eating from our food storage again.

Store what you eat. It can be done!

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض