Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to School

FYI: My computer is not behaving. For some unknown reason to me my drives are no longer recognized by my computer so I haven't been able to retrieve any pictures from my camera. I'm going crazy. Luckily I have been able to use some of my good friends and neighbors working computers to snatch my pictures. So on with the post.



FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL




I just want to start off by saying that I did NOT cry this year and I still can't believe that 50% of my children our old enough to go to school.
Sadie started school a week before Jessica did which was kind of nice for our family. It gave Jessica a little more time to get ready. Sadie did awesome!!! Her teacher, Mrs. Heaton, was Sadie's music teacher last year and Sadie loves her. It was really nice to have someone who Sadie already knew for the transition of kindergarten to 1st grade. I think she is going to have a lot of fun this year.

Jessica's first day of school was a bit different that Sadie's. There was a Safety assembly scheduled on the first day of Kindergarten this year which made for a little disorganization. We went to school and straight to that school yard for the assembly. We all kind of stood around and waited for it to start. Right afterwards we took Jess to her class and said goodbye. We each had a big hug goodbye from Jess and off she went. Luckily she has about 6 kids from the ward in her class, including Emily Bond. Jess and Emily just stuck together and helped each other out.

Jessica was able to get evaluated for speech during the first week back to school (the week that Sadie started) and is ready to start speech this week. I am very grateful that we got things going early.

Carpooling worked out for the best. I am taking my two kids and two other kids from our neighborhood every morning to school. This will make me wake up early and get ready to go before my kids wake up. I am actually grateful for this because I need this in my life to keep me organized as sane. It actually works out great for me because the parents of the other two kids pick up Sadie & Jessica from school. Now I can let Easton nap when he needs to. A huge blessing in my life.

6 comments:

Arianne said...

They are so cute, and I can't believe how grown up they're getting!

Byers said...

What cute girls! Wow I can't believe that Jessica is in school already:)

Chad and Jaycie said...

Wow, I can't believe both of them are in school now? They are so cute!

romanrobertaloftus said...

I'm said we're not carpooling together anymore... But I'm glad that things worked out fine after Tatyana changed schools...

Hess Clan said...

O--they look so cute!! It is amazing how fast time goes. I think time will go by faster with each child. I am glad Jess liked her first day. Give everyone hugs for us.

Tyler and Julia said...

I must say I'm really glad that I get to have Aubrey home w/ me for one more year. It will be a very emotional day for me when it's time for her first day of school. I'm mostly blown away by how grown up Sadie looks. Wow! Btw, you're a VERY difficult person to get a hold of. Did you get my last email? When are you coming to see our new house? I know you're busy but we'd love for you & your family to come. I tried calling you but it said your number had been disconnected. . . . . Are you trying to avoid us or something??? :)