Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July & Parents Homecoming

Well we had another AWESOME 4th of July!!! This year we started the celebrations with a much anticipated trip to Lagoon. Now that Kurt and myself are out numbered 4 to 2 and the younger two are a handful, we decided to let Kurt go to Lagoon with Sadie and Jessica, while I stayed home with Cass and Easton. It was great! Unfortunately for Kurt and the older girls it rained half of the time they were there which meant that they didn't get to ride as many rides as they normally do. To make up for the lack of rides Kurt and his brothers let the kids play some games. I'm not sure what game it was but after Kurt and Tyler both tried to win the grand prize Sadie stepped up and tried her luck. After winning a small stuff thing, Kurt told her to aim for the red thing-a-ma-jig (a hole in which the ball is supposed to fall into) Sadie let go of her ball and after it bounced around a few times, it landed right in the red hole. She won the biggest stuffed pug I've ever seen. Needless to say she was ecstatic and paraded that thing everywhere. I first saw it when I opened Grandma Peden's front door and saw Sadie carrying it on her shoulders up the walkway. I was a little surprised and a little proud when I heard the story behind the stuffed dog.



On Friday we had our annual Peden Classic Golf Tournament. This year it was held in Preston, Idaho. It was fun, hot and long. I think I'm only good for 12 holes; however, I did win the women's long drive competition. Take that boys, Justin did help my golf game out a little. (Justin is the head golf pro at Talon's Cove that coached our women's golf clinic that we went to the week before).

Later that evening, we all went to the Middle School to watch Kurt's dad perform with his High School Band at their 40th reunion. He did awesome!!! Our girls had a blast dancing with anyone and everyone who would dance with them.


A first for the family Peden gathering: Malad City Softball Tournament. We started on Friday night with a win and then played three games on Saturday. Wow, was I out of shape!!!!! I played catcher all day on Saturday and honestly could not go down the stairs normally after that. We played well but lost momentum with each game. I don't know if we will play next year.
We enjoyed the parade on the 4th and the girls did great in their races. The family BBQ was excellent and the watching the fireworks was great. Sometime during the fireworks Sadie started shouting: "Light up your night Fireworks, Ligth up your night." I don't know where she got that but we were all laughing. It was a great 4th of July and we're already looking forward to next year.

___________________________________________
WELCOME HOME MOM & DAD
July 8th finally came!!! Sadie made a paper chain, starting at 55 days, to count down the days until my parents were to come home from their mission in Bulgaria. They arrived at 11pm in Salt Lake, and our girls could not have been more excited to go to the airport and pick them up. Cassie was an angel and went right up to my parents. We were all a little nervous to see how she would react to them, since she was 6 months old when they left. It was also so nice to be able to introduce them to Little Easton for the first time. He of course was great and had no problem letting his Grandparents hold him.


A few hours before we left to pick up my parents I took the girls for a walk to kill some time. We went and visited with the Carters and while we were there Jessica told us to watch her as she ran to the mailbox and back. Just as she was running from the grass to the driveway she tripped and landed on her face with her arms pinned under her body. It was sooooo painful to watch. We picked her off of the cement and saw that her cute little face had started to bleed. Her upper lip and nose kissed the cement, and her mouth was bleeding a little bit as well. You can see the damage in some of the pics.

One of things we did while my parents stayed with us was make patriotic fruit kabobs. They were so good and Sadie and Jessica LOVED making & eating them. I'm pretty sure fruit kabobs were a hit.





Here's a pic with my mom with Easton. I'm pretty sure she missed seeing and holding her grand kids while they were on a mission.


We're glad to have you back Mom & Dad.

6 comments:

John & Peggy said...

Great to be back. Did indeed miss the grandkids. Your kids make us feel so important and loved. We will just have to hang out with them more.

romanrobertaloftus said...

That's so cool that Sadie won that big prize!! I would be excited too! It's good to see that your parents are back and looking great.

Candy said...

what a fun weekend! Congrats to Sadie for winning that HUGE pug. I am already stressed for you having that big thing in your house. I don't do well with things like that.
And those kabobs look yummy, fun idea!

Glad to hear your parents are back safely too!

Heather and Eric said...

I am glad your parents are home! It's so exciting that they got to serve in such a unique place. My parents get to go next year! Can't wait to see where they will end up.

Tyler and Julia said...

Mom & Dad, you will DEFINITELY have to hang out w/ your grandkids more. Our kids especially need you both, because Dad is the only Grandpa they will ever have. Poor, poor Jessica! We saw the pictures of her on mom & dad's camera when they came up to our house. It seems like our kids only get hurt like that when there's some big event going on. I hope she's doing better now. :)

Kristan Carter said...

I have been slacking on blogging latley...I can't believe Jessica's face...gee...she is going to be a fast runner.