Friday, April 17, 2009

What's for Dinner?

I haven't done this since I've had Easton, but I actually found time yesterday to cook a decent meal. Ream's (on Center Street in Provo) has a sale on their country styled boneless pork ribs for $1.19/lb going on this week. I picked up a few pounds brought it home and searched for a great recipe I had stumbled across on one of many blogs that I follow. If you go to Taste the Joy look up the pulled pork sandwich recipe. The pork turned out excellent and I'm pretty sure I'll be making this a lot in the near future. The only thing I did different was I added a 1/4 cup of water to the meat and deleted the onions since they are not allowed in our house.

It was after I started the meat in the crock pot that I realized I had no buns to use. This was a huge problem because I refused to get all four kids ready and then take them shopping. So what did I do, I found another recipe on another blog for homemade hamburger buns. I have never attempted anything like this before because of the convenience of just going to the store and picking out the kind of bun you prefer. So go to The Frugal Girl and follow her directions. They turned out great, besides the fact that I added too much flour.

Anyways, I just thought I would pat myself on the shoulder for actually fixing a real meal and spending more than 20 minutes preparing pre - made dinners. Yay, me!!!

5 comments:

Coming soon.... said...

wow, impressive!

Chad and Jaycie said...

What?! No onions?! I LOVE onions! Looks like a good recipe. I'll have to try it (smothered in onions)!

Kate said...

Adrie (the Taste the Joy gal ... did you know she's my sister-in-law's sister?) has another awesome pork recipe that we devour around here: click on "Crock Pot" under Labels on her sidebar, and it should take you to Sweet Pork Burritos. SO GOOD!!

Kate said...

PS - her recipe calls for a pork roast, but I always use those country-style boneless ribs.

Brittany & Barry said...

Good for you!!?!? I am with you - not imagining taking more than 2 kids grocery shopping...