Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


After four Easter Egg hunts in two different states I managed to take only one picture of my family... I'm a terrible mom.

Malad, Idaho may not have a stop light or a Walmart, but they do however have a great Easter egg hunt. Since we've had kids we've been able to go to Malad for almost every Easter and I have to say, that little town "where Idaho begins" has the best egg hunt. This year both Sadie and Jessica found the Golden Eggs in their age division and received a dollar for their prize. We almost walked away that day with a third Golden Egg, but the unbelievable happened. Kurt and his cousin Danny were helping Cassie go around the park picking up eggs. Danny found the Golden Egg and put his foot right next to it as Kurt helped her find her way over to the coveted egg. And that's when it happened, a grown women snaked the golden egg out from under Cassie's hand. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! Seriously, I can't believe that happened, I mean COME ON, did you really just do that? It made me look like an angel after I pointed the golden egg hiding next to a tree directly in front of us to Jessica and then lectured her a bazillion times on how she should run straight to the egg and pick it up as fast as she could. She did however sell me out when we went to give the newspaper her name for finding the egg. She told the lady..."My mom showed me where the egg was", thanks Jessica I felt just as bad as I hope the Lady who stole my youngest daughters egg felt.

Then there is Sadie's story. Sadie was a champ she ran as fast as she could around her section and picked up a ton of eggs; sadly, she came up short of a Golden Egg. Just as we were walking back to the car we heard that there was a Golden Egg yet to be found from Sadie's age group. Sadie ran back as fast as she could and started searching her territory again. As she was searching the grounds a little boy started to follow her everywhere she went, literally everywhere. It was the funniest thing to watch, he became her little shadow and it was very apparent that Sadie was getting a little bugged. After listening to someone say to look in a specific area, Sadie found the egg, and as soon as she did the little boy who had followed Sadie threw his bucket to the ground and then kicked it as hard as he could. We all laughed at this little boys frustration over his loss to Sadie. Way to go Sadie. We're not competitive at all.

Later on that day the adults got to participate in their own Easter Egg Hunt held at Grandma Peden's home. Kurt and I did pretty well and left with enough money to buy some gas to return to Provo.

On Sunday we had our own Easter hunt at home. Sadie found a basketball in her basket, Jessica got a bat and ball, Cassie was excited with a car seat for her baby, and Easton got some new church clothes to wear. Then we failed miserably at our first attempt to get to church on time with all four kids. I promise to do better next Sunday. After church, we went to Kurt's Aunt Linda's for her big Easter Egg Hunt. Linda goes all out with the hunt and then a wonderful dinner. Thank you Linda for having us over, we had a blast and we'll be eating chocolate for quite some time.

2 comments:

Haskett Family said...

That was a great classic malad story- gotta love it- glad to see that your girls are well trained for egg hunting- we are still in the stages of picking-looking- eating....Happy Easter

Chad and Jaycie said...

That was funny! I'm embarassed to say that I was one of those greedy moms with Trace's first easter egg hunt. I remember dragging him around while I threw eggs in his basket.....pathetic I know! I walked away feeling incredibly stupid and never did it again. I'm not competitive either! Your family is cute!