Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kurt's Camping Trip

On Thursday morning Kurt woke up pretty early to leave on his first camping trip in 8 years with the priests in our ward. Needless to say, Kurt is not the biggest camper, and was not all that excited to go 3 hours away to a place without running water and no cell phone service (Great Basin National Park, Nevada). I have to admit I was very nervous for him and afraid that once those boys found out how much he disliked camping they would take full advantage of him.

After three days of not hearing from him he came home and to my surprise, he had a blast. The biggest surprise to me was when I asked him what his favorite part of his trip was, he told me it was the hike. They got to shoot sniper rifles, dig for traglebites (fossils), go spelunking, they ate like kings, had awesome devotionals, went hiking, played at a lake and had lots of time to re-evaluate their lives and perspectives. I'm very grateful he had a great time, now maybe we can go camping with the girls!?!




5 comments:

romanrobertaloftus said...

That looks like a great place to go camping... But I still don't know if I would want to go. I'm glad that Kurt had a good time!

Tyler and Julia said...

Boy, Kurt & I are definitely in the same boat when it comes to camping. I've never been a big fan of it either. I definitely want to go with Tyler & the kids sometime, but going without running water and flushing toilets will never be on my list of favorite things! That place sure looks gorgeous, though! :)

Kate said...

I am all over a girls' camping trip. Let's go!

Jess said...

Wow... camping - I love it - but then I realize that I loved it because I was the kid. When you are the mom it's a lot more work! :)

Leisha said...

It doesn't sound half as fun as our Jackson trip. Maybe one day we will get our act together and do it again...