Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I want what Jess wants

I would have to say that pretty much everyday Sadie and Jessica ask me if they can have this or that for their next birthday. These are questions that have been going on since their last birthdays. I usually end up saying something like..."oh, that's a great idea", "we'll see", or "only if you're really good." Well yesterday Jessica asked for something I really want for her next birthday and I think I'll be pressuring Kurt for this request..."Mom, can I get a real potty downstairs for my next birthday?" We currently have an unfinished laundry/bathroom on our main floor and I personally think a toilet isn't that much to ask for.

Other requests made by Jessica..."When I grow up I want a pink car that's real, and plays music", and "For my next birthday, I want a real house that's big enough for me to sleep in." If you haven't noticed, everything she wants has to be REAL. Now if you were to ask Jessica what she wants for her birthday, you'll probably get her favorite answer..."I don't know."


This is Jessica when we were potty training her. It would have been much easier if we had done this with a toilet on the main floor. Maybe Cassie will get the luxury of a new toilet and not having to hold it while Kurt or myself run her up the stairs, crossing our fingers that the stairs will be dry the next time we go down them.

4 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Wow, Jessica is a VERY smart little girl. I think it's a MARVELOUS idea for a b-day gift. I don't know how you potty-trained when the only way to get to a toilet was to go up the stairs. When we started training Aubrey, we at least had a toilet on the main level of our townhome apartment where we were living at that time.

Kate said...

While you WERE potty training her?!?? AARGH!! I hate my life! :) The kids on the playground were right: girls rule and boys drool.

Emily Call said...

Too cute! Love her list.

Hess Clan said...

That is awesome--gotta love those potty pics!